Longest Sixes in IPL 2022: IPL 2022 is entering the business end. There are just a couple of weeks left in the league stage. Still, we have many teams competing in the playoff race. Last night’s game between Gujarat Titans and Punjab Kings was an important one for Punjab in order to survive in the playoff race. Thus, they have poured all their blood and sweat to win the game. Eventually, Punjab got a dominant win. But the biggest takeaway from the match is the massive six hit by Liam Livingstone.
The English batter smashed 117 meters six and recorded the longest six of this season. It also happens to be the second-longest six in the history of IPL. After the end of 15 overs, Punjab needed 27 runs off the last five overs to win.
On the first ball of the 16th over bowled by Shami, Livingstone smashed this monstrous 117m six which landed on the top tier of the stadium. Everyone at the playground and in front of the television sets was stunned by this hit. After that, Livingstone hit two more sixes and two fours in that over to take his team to the victory shores.
Here are the top 10 longest sixes in the history of IPL.
1. Chris Gayle (RCB) against PWI in 2013 – 119 m
2. Liam Livingstone (PBKS) against GT in 2022 – 117 m
3. Ben Cutting (SRH) against RCB in 2016 – 117 m
4. Dewald Brevis (MI) against PBKS in 2022 – 112 m
5. Chris Gayle (RCB) against PWI in 2013 – 112 m
6. MS Dhoni (CSK) against MI in 2012 – 112 m
7. AB De Villiers (RCB) against SRH in 2016 – 111 m
8. MS Dhoni (CSK) against RCB in 2019 – 111 m
9. AB De Villiers (RCB) against CSK in 2018 – 111 m
10. Chris Gayle (RCB) against PWI in 2012 – 111 m