Feng Shui: Feng shui is an ancient Chinese practice that aims to control the flow of qi, or chi, within the environment. Feng shui practitioners try to do so by altering objects and spaces to promote harmony and balance.
There is very little scientific research concerning the efficacy of feng shui. However, a person may still enjoy the practice and improve their sense of well-being as a result. Some people believe that feng shui may lead to better luck, success, and health.
According to the Feng shui once living environment has a direct impact on once overall wellbeing. For this reason, crafting a home that feels balanced and uplifting is key. And what better place to start than by embracing some basic feng shui living room tips.
Feng shui uses the five elements — earth, wood, fire, metal and water — to describe the physical and energic world around us. “It’s important to balance the five elements to create a harmonious environment,” says Amato. You can accomplish this with your decor or “subtly displayed in other ways with intention.” For instance, as opposed to opting for the color red, consider using everything from animal prints to triangular shapes to represent the fire element in your living room.
Here’s what Amato says –
Earth: low, square or rectangular furniture to ground the space, warm earth tones like brown, gold, yellow and clay; geometric patterns; pottery and porcelain materials
Wood: tall, vertical lines; shades of green; botanical and floral patterns; live plants; tall furniture
Fire: triangle shapes; leather materials; animal prints; lighting and candles; spiky objects and abstract art
Metal: round shapes and arches; metallic colors ranging from white tones to silver or gray; shimmery fabrics; and circle patterns
Water: irregular and curvy shapes; ocean-like blues spanning from light to dark; iridescent and reflective materials or fabrics
Ideas for Living room –
1. Introduce Fresh Air – Living room feng shui ideas – monochrome living room with vibrant red velvet sofa and geometric design curtain fabric
Letting air into your room is important when following the principles of living room feng shui.
2. Balance the Elements – Neutral living room with dark gray wall and white sofa
3. Bring in a Mirror – A living room mirror idea with a circular mirror with a square gold frame. Decorating with mirrors can play an important role in living room feng shui, and is said to attract prosperity if correctly placed.
4. Bring in Plants – Houseplants -Plants are a welcome addition to a room in feng shui. Bringing life to these areas with plants is the perfect way to get your chi flowing again and create a positive atmosphere in your living area.
5. Create a flow – To optimize feng shui, it’s important to make sure the flow to and around the furniture is accessible and unobstructed.